LITTLE GALILEE DREAM

[A memory of a real sail over
the real Sea of Galilee]

In a little dream, in a little boat
I sailed over Galilee,
And homespun men in homespun garb,
They smiled and they talked with me.
I helped them to tend their heavy nets,
And I asked why they spoke so low:
They hushed me - their Master slept sound on the deck,
“For the crowds have tired Him so!”

The setting sun shone a golden light
Over Galilee’s rippling sea,
And the low shore gleamed and to me it seemed
This was where I sought to be.
The little boat approached the shore,
And my dream, alas, was done,
I woke, and I cried to dream again
Of a new life just begun.

My dream has not yet come back to me
As I sleep through the endless night.
But I pray when I take my final sail
There will be that lovely light.
Shall I meet again those homespun men?
Will they welcome me once more?
Will they bring me home to their Master
There on Galilee’s golden shore?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: