THERE ARE FOUR CORNERS ...

[or Towering Verse]

My Tower stands foursquare upon
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
These my strength, my hope, my guide:
One brought me help upon each side.

Matthew for the Northern face
Imbued his plans with skill and grace.
First with Gospel, first with plan:
With his help, so I began.

The Southern face St. Mark inspired -
His Patron Peter so desired.
His wing-ed lion set my thoughts free:
The Second Gospel Mark showed me.

Physician Luke wrought on the East
Great skills for this God-praising feast.
His was the Gospel written third.
My Tower in stone enshrines the Word.

The Western side, a dream by John,
He whom the Lord relied upon.
His Gospel, written fourth and last,
Ensures the Tower stands ever fast.

Four sides this Tower needs to stand.
Four Gospels, words by Heaven planned.
These I have built my life upon:
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
[Thomas Seabroke Annabelleque feciunt]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: