VAN-ISH

[Is there one near you?]

The On-Street Parking Van
Is a horrid sight to see,
Especially when it's parked
Right opposite to Me.
It's red and blue and green,
And battered and immense,
Its panels full of rust,
And its bumpers full of dents.
It never seems to move:
I do not think it can.
It sits there night and day,
That On-Street Parking Van.
It sits there on a bend,
And you can't see through or past,
And drivers inching by
Fear each inch will be their last.
I've modelled out in wax
That On-Street Van's big end,
And if anyone wants to stick them in
I've a pot of pins to lend.
If I had a Chieftain Tank,
Or a steam-roller would do,
I'd flatten that On-Street Van
In its red and green and blue.
So, Driver, if you read
This verse, you pesky man,
You'll park it somewhere else,
Your On-Street Parking Van.
I don't care where it goes
So long as it's off that bend.
I hate that On-Street Van.
I always will.
The End.
~~~~~~~

No comments: