GROANIUM

[A True and Tragic Tale]

I had a pelargonium,
The first I'd ever grownium,
I kept it in my garden
In a pot.
My friends all came and gazed at it,
They looked and were amazed at it,
They liked it in my garden
Quite a lot.

All summertime it burgeoned on,
Its rosy posies splurgeoned on,
A glory in my garden,
Not a blot.
Then Winter brought the frosty time,
For plants, a die-and-lost-me time:
My lovely pelargonium
I forgot.

I left it all aloneium,
My poor dear pelargonium,
All frozen in my garden,
Gone to rot.
No more would it abide with me,
All brown and sad, it died with me,
No comfort did I give it:
Not a jot.

Now, if from seed I've sownium
Comes one new pelargonium,
Forget it in my garden
I will not.
In Winter it's indoors with me,
It cuddles down and snores with me.
No garden bed for this one,
But a cot.
~~~~~~

No comments: